State and Local Tax Senior Associate/Supervisor
We are currently seeking an experienced State and Local Tax (SALT) Senior or Supervisor to join our talented team. This person is responsible for researching and applying multi-state tax laws to coordinate clients' financial information for the accurate, timely completion of partnership, corporate, individual, and fiduciary tax returns.
· Manage multi-state reviews that analyze franchise, income, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that reduce client's tax burden
· Consult with clients to make recommendations on business and process improvement ? Work directly with state auditors to resolve client audit issues
· Maintains and expands on knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning on a multi-state level
· Ability to prepare detailed tax training and develop staff
· Responsible for monitoring and applying federal and state income tax-related legislation and IRS pronouncements
· Ability to participate in practice administration including sales, budgeting, recruiting, scheduling, billing, and collection
· Ability to receive and accomplish other responsibilities, as assigned
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, taxation desirable
· Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant
· Senior Level - Minimum of 2-4 years of state and local tax compliance
· Supervisor Level - Minimum of 3-6 years of state and local tax compliance, supervisor experience a plus
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and sufficient computer skills
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel and Word
· Ability to interface with employees company wide
· Experience with Prosystemfx tax software
· Strong personal identification with our firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm ? the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, Integrity among others.
Salary based on experience. EOE.